Monday, June 18, 2012

Take Possession Now!

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen (Hebrews 11:1).

A gentleman once wanted to know what level of faith he needed to attain in order to receive healing from a chronic ailment. In his words, ‘’I have faith; and I even fast! But it seems none of this is working. However I believe that God will set me free someday!’’ From his comments, the real problem is obvious; he didn’t understand the difference between faith and hope. The language: ‘’God will set me free someday’’ is an expression of hope, not faith.

Faith works now; it takes possession now. You can’t say you have faith and at the same time be hoping on God for a miracle. This is one mistake some Christians make, and they wonder why their faith seems ineffective. Faith always works! As long as you’re functioning in the arena of hope, you can’t effect the desired changes. I’ll explain this by distinguishing between faith and hope. Hope is to put your expectation into the future. Romans 5:5 says hope makes not ashamed; it doesn’t disappoint us because it’s the first element required; but when faith comes, it takes possession.

Faith is now! It takes possession now by calling real and done that which you’ve hoped for. Hebrews 11:1 says, ‘’Now faith is…’’Your hope must translate to faith for it to work. Teaching on faith in Mark 11:24, Jesus said, ‘’Therefore I say unto you, what things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.’’ At the point of asking in prayer, you’re to believe that you’ve received what you’ve asked for; that’s faith! But if you’re hoping that God will answer your prayer someday, that won’t work; even though you believe it.

So take possession now; declare that the healing, blessing or miracle you desire is yours now!

Prayer

Dear Father, I thank you for your Word which has bolstered faith in my spirit today. My faith is the victory that overcomes the world! I walk in divine health, prosperity, progress and victory now, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study

Hebrews 11:1 (AMP); Romans 4:17 (AMP)

you-can-control-your-thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment